It is 2017, and feels like it is 2005. The year I graduated, got overly drunk and wore a pink satin dress to my formal. Time goes way too fast….
Every. Single. Year: I go through my wardrobe and give away almost everything (yes, a HUGE spring clean) to charity, so I can start FRESHHHH for the new year. I believe that if you haven’t worn it in the last year, get rid of it. Unless it is a ski jacket or something but you get the gist.
Lets list the items I have been constantly wearing as of late and what I would classify as a staple:
- Jeans (I had to cull about 40 pairs. I shall call myself a denim hoarder)
- White shirt (you may need a few: Dressy, casual… you get the gist)
- T-shirts (der…..)
- A few Summer dresses
- A midi skirt
- A leather skirt
- A pair of vintage levis jeans, skirt and shorts
- A blazer, denim and leather jacket
- A few LBD’s
- A few silk blouses (I tell myself I can’t wear t-shirts everyday….)
- 2 cashmere jumpers
- 2 pairs of ‘I am important’ pants
What else am I forgetting?
Being women, we tend to hoard a ridiculous amount of fashion but in reality how much of it do you wear?
Come on friends, it is time to be brutal. I swear you will feel uber fresh once you are done!
I might even film myself going through my cupboard for a laugh. I haven’t even started on the shoe wardrobe.
Shop a similar look –