Lets talk about the pieces (a.k.a staples) in my wardrobe that will never date. The pieces I can get the cost per wear down to the dollar (or even cent!)
1. A black heel: And, no, I don’t mean just one pair. Invest in a few. I treasure my Ellery heels.
2. A black trouser: I wear a lot of denim, however I sometimes find myself wanting a more tailored look, so I opt for a black trouser. I have 5 pairs in my wardrobe, but my cropped Acne Studios come out on top.
3. A black knit: When it comes to a knit, I like them slimming. And by that I mean firm, not too tight, just comfortable. They elongate your torso, bring in your waist (Yes. Please.) and can be tucked into my numerous pairs of 90’s denim. My Misha Nonoo turtleneck does just that. #winwin
4. A denim jean: This is a no brainer, if I worked out the cost per wear of my 90s Calvin Klein jeans, it would make a pack of gum seem expensive.
5. A Winter Coat: Each season I do love to invest in a new coat to add to the collection. My chocolate brown Josh Goot is a very loved addition this season.
6. Statement earrings: Ok, I know some of you won’t agree classifying these Monies statement earrings a ‘staple.’ However, I have always worn statement earrings, so yes ladies, in my wardrobe, they are! Pass them down to your daughters (when/if you have them) and they can thank me later.
Now unless I wear out the soles of my heels from having a little too much fun, or loose ONE of my earrings (story of my life), I can guarantee you, I will still be wearing these pieces in five years.
Moral of the story: Invest in staples.